Air Supported Belt Conveyors
An Air Supported Belt Conveyor efficiently transports bulk materials, utilising a cushion of air to support the belt and load. Friction between the tail section and discharge is decreased – creating annual savings in housekeeping, energy costs, and parts replacement.
Air Supported Belt Conveyor Advantages:
- Reduced belt friction between tail and discharge pulleys, minimising belt wear and motor horsepower requirements.
- Minimal support requirements due to its structural strength. Spans of 10-12m and trusses up to 30m.
- With no moving components between the tail and discharge pulley, walkways are unnecessary.
- Conveyor enclosures are not needed due to weather tight and dust proof hip roof covers.
- Fewer intermediate supports
- Environmentally friendly
- Practically noiseless
- Less product degradation